Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Moving on....or at least trying

This blog comes to you from a long road of pain & heartche affecting my childhood.
You know, back a few months ago, I forgave the one person in my past who hurt me the most.
I am not going into detail, but if you know me really well, then you know exactly who & what I am talking about.
See, I have made the choice to forgive (read back through my earlier blogs titled "Forgiveness").
That does not mean it was instant, but I do believe God is healing me through each & every step of the way. Healing my heart and my mind from the things that occured.
But, then, every once in a while, Satan gets his 2 cents in, when someone says to me " I don't see how you can forgive this person" "Why are you talking to this person" "All this person did was screw up your life, think how different things could be"
Believe me, I do think of how different things would be if certain events had not happened when or how they did, BUT I cannot and WILL NOT dwell on that.
I am sorry that others cannot forgive this person for what they did, BUT seeing as how I am the victim and I am able to forgive her says volumes about how God can work in your life, if you just let Him.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I chose to forgive, and now I am handing the rest over to God, and I'm NOT taking it back!!!!

If you are struggling with forgiving someone in your life, remember that forgiveness is for YOU not the offender. In time, and if God allows, you can start to heal.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You have strength and faith beyond your years. Thanks for sharing this. I love you.